SPOILER ALERT!

Book Review : Jack of hearts and other parts L.C Rosen

Jack of Hearts (and other parts) - Lev A.C. Rosen
Dec 11 - Jan 23

Pretty Little Liars meets Dan Savage in this modern, fresh, YA debut about an unapologetically queer teen working to uncover a blackmailer threatening him back into the closet.

Jack has a lot of sex--and he's not ashamed of it. While he's sometimes ostracized, and gossip constantly rages about his sex life, Jack always believes that "it could be worse."

But then, the worse unexpectedly strikes: When Jack starts writing a teen sex advice column for an online site, he begins to receive creepy and threatening love letters that attempt to force Jack to curb his sexuality and personality. Now it's up to Jack an his best friends to uncover the stalker--before their love becomes dangerous.

Ground-breaking and page-turning, Jack of Hearts (and other parts) celebrates the freedom to be oneself, especially in the face of adversity.

Review : I loved this book this is about Jack who is gay and very open to have sex just no relationship he wants to have fun . His friend Jenna asks him to do a column on sex for her site and he finally agrees . He starts getting these pink notes and they start to freak him out they were creepy as fuck . They start get threatening his friends Jenna and Ben . And they get mad when he continues to hook up with more guys and he starts getting depressed . until one day when he's in the boys bathroom and he hears the three girls who gossip about him one of them has paper cuts and he fugues it out it's Caitlin first I didn't expect it to be a girl . He records her confessing and gets her expelled good that girl had issues . Jack is back to his self and enjoying his life .

Quotes : “Jack?” Mom calls from outside my room. “You home?” “Just a sec, Mom,” I yell back. Peter stares at me, gives me a “what do I do?” look, and I just shake my head. I throw my sheets in a pile on the bed as Mom knocks on my door. “Mom, I have a friend over,” I say through the door. There’s a pause. Somehow I can hear the expression on her face. I look over at Peter, who’s gotten his clothes on, and shrug apologetically. He smiles—this is funny to him, now that he’s dressed. I open the door. My mom is standing right up against it, her expression matching Peter’s. “Hi,” she says, her voice innocent. She looks past me at Peter, who waves. “I’m Jack’s mom, Ruth.” “Hi,” Peter says, and to my relief no one offers to shake hands. Peter hasn’t washed his yet. “I’m Peter.” “Nice to meet you

I know it’s not the same—gay and asexual—but I want to tell you as someone who thought they were broken, and everyone was staring at them and knew, that you are not broken. Plus, you might not be asexual, you might just not be interested in sex now, or only be interested in sex with people once you know them and have a bond with them, or maybe you’re only turned on by a very particular kind of sex or fetish that you haven’t discovered. But as long as everyone is consenting, there’s nothing wrong with your desire, or with your not having desire. We’re all wired differently.

in that moment, I get to be me. And if you don’t like that, fuck off.