SPOILER ALERT!

Book review : Dear aaron mariana Zapata

Dear Aaron - Mariana Zapata

May 12-may 14

Ruby Santos knew exactly what she was getting herself into when she signed up to write a soldier overseas.The guidelines were simple: one letter or email a week for the length of his or her deployment. Care packages were optional.Been there, done that. She thought she knew what to expect.What she didn’t count on was falling in love with the guy.

Review : I absolutely loved this book it was such a cute love story so this is about ruby and Aaron and aaron is in the army and and ruby is sending his emails and they are communicating  that way and become friends .They talk about each others likes and dislikes and there lives .Ruby starts to have feelings for aaron and when he invites her on a trip with him and his friends she agrees but she doesnt expect a hot greek god  . They start to get closer and eventually confess there feeling for each other . Ruby is worried about where the relationship will go when he goes back to base but aaron explains he loves her and he wants to be with her .

And I love when aaron calls ruby,  ruby cube so adorable

Quotes :

If there was one thing I’d learned over the last few years, it was that just because you cared about someone, and just because they made it seem like they cared about you too, didn’t really mean a single thing at the end of the day. I’d take what I’d been given and be happy with it.

Beauty fades, a good personality and chemistry doesn’t.

It’s me,” he drawled, steady and consistent, that slight Louisiana accent tinting his words

I was panting and trying not to pant at the same time, as the baritone voice on the phone seemed to steamroll my entire soul to the carpet floor. I wasn’t sure what I’d been expecting from Aaron, but I hadn’t been expecting the not-too-soft but just-deep-enough voice on the other end of the line. It was just in the middle. Friendly. Deep but not too deep. A little raspy. Perfect. It was right then that it sank in. He’d answered. I’d called Aaron and he’d answered. I was on the phone with Aaron. “Rubes?”

That term “wearing your heart on your sleeve” had been written with me in mind.

I want to meet you.” Just like that. I want to meet you. He let out a soft breath over the phone. “I’m not going to kill you in your sleep.” That made me snort. “I wasn’t thinking

Standing not even five feet away, with a torn-out piece of notebook paper in his hands that said RC SANTOS in thick, scribbly red letters, was a man. Not a boy. Not a man-boy. A man I could have looked at all day for the rest of my life. With neat, short, golden blond hair on his head that I noticed first thing, and a deep tan covering every inch of his exposed skin, I stopped breathing. Deep-set eyes, high cheekbones and a mouth that was pretty darn full for any gender, seemed to tie in together to shape a face that was too good-looking. Way too good-looking. He looked like a model. If this was him, it was no wonder he’d had so many girlfriends and they’d all been nuts.

I want to meet you, and I’m not giving you any time to think about it. You’re telling me you’re worried, and I’m pushing you into it. That’s selfish, and you know what, Rube? I don’t give much of a shit.” Was I dead? Was this a dream? Had my mom baked mushrooms into dinner last night and I was still on some sort of weird trip? I moaned. This was crazy, and I told him exactly that. “So what? It’s crazier for me to think about a girl your age going places by herself,” he said. “I’ve got you, Ruby Cube.” Ruby Cube. It had killed me the first time I read it and killed me every time since then when I saw the RC he wrote me.

Aaron Hall, who was even more gorgeous than I ever could have imagined, was in front of me and I was freaking the hell out. I was freaking the hell out.

You’re gorgeous,” I said to him almost painfully, prying the words out. “Like… the army should put you on their recruitment ads or put you as the face on their website. I feel like I can’t look you in the eye or I’ll turn into stone, and they’ll need to add my statue to a garden of other women who have made eye contact with you before and lost their lives.” Aaron just stared at me for a moment, just a moment, and slowly that wavering smile turned into a full-fledged one, one with straight white teeth and warmth to it that couldn’t be faked, that could have had angels singing and playing harps in the background. “You smile a lot more than I thought you would,” I kept going. “You said you never really smiled while you were over there.” “I don’t usually smile so much,” was his cryptic answer. I scratched at my neck again and watched him, nerves making a nest in my belly. Anxiety prickled at the center of my chest, and so, so hesitantly I said, “I was worried you were going to be disappointed meeting me.” Those brown eyes seemed to twinkle a little, his eyebrows shaping, his mouth doing that turning thing like he was trying to stop smiling. My hands were starting to get itchy. But then he said the words that made a dozen more butterflies explode into existence. “I’m really damn happy to see you, Ruby.” His voice was quiet, not hesitant but more cautious. “I look at you and I can’t stop smiling. That’s all. You’re adorable

I shrieked. I could be woman enough to admit that I shouted at the top of my lungs the second something brushed my leg in the water. I could also be woman enough to admit that when whatever it was touched me, and I yelled in this high-pitched voice that could have made a dog howl, I jumped. I jumped in the air. I projected myself at the closest thing to me despite being hip-deep in the water. That closest thing being six feet two inches of man named Aaron. Except at that point, Aaron hadn’t been facing me or had his back to me, we had been practically beside each other, and it was only his lightning-quick reflexes at hearing me shout that he managed to catch me right before I barreled into him.

Do you…?” I couldn’t say it. I couldn’t say it, but I needed to. Had to. The words came out of me in syllables, a blush rising to my face at the fact that I was even about to ask this because it seemed so unreal. “Do you like me? Is that what you’re trying to say?” He squeezed my hip, his gaze intent. “Yes.” My entire world went hazy as I got out, with more hope than I ever could have dreamed, “As more than a friend?” All of Aaron’s facial features gentled and dropped, even his shoulders seemed to slump a little, those mahogany eyes boring right into mine, capturing them and not letting them go as he said one word and only one word, “Yes.” It was a miracle my mouth didn’t just drop open so I’d gape at him. “As a lot more than just a friend,

Mostly though, Rubes, I want to go back in time and beat every single person’s ass who’s ever made you doubt yourself, because the girl who makes me smile ‘til my face hurts even on a shit day needs to see that in herself. I feel like I owe it to you.” Aaron kissed my temple, and I couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think, couldn’t get my cells to move. My legs were weak. And if that wasn’t enough, he kept going. He kept going. “I was a goner from the first time you gave me hell.” Aaron smiled. “Maybe even before then.”

You’re my Ruby, and you have been for a long time.”

“Maybe this is the wrong time, but I don’t care. I love you, stalker.” With the side of my face to the warm, damp skin of his chest, he whispered the words right back to me as another hand landed on the small of my back. “I love you too, Ruby Cube. You know that.”

“I love you, stalker. Time. Distance. Nothing is going to change that. We’ll figure this out, I promise.”

Aaron: Have I told you today how happy I am you got stuck with me? And how could I be sad after that?

<!--/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.notes/files/share/clipdata_180531_195429_324.sdoc-->