SPOILER ALERT!

Book Reciew : Checkmate This is Dangerous Kennedy Fox

Checkmate : This is dangerous - Kennedy Fox

Jan 13-14
Logan Knight is a real life knight in shining armor.
A detective godsend in a sleek black suit has me thinking less than secretive thoughts. Brooding and mysterious, he's the kind of guy every girl instantly notices. Between his seductive smirk and charming good looks, it's no wonder I can't help the way he makes me feel whenever I'm near him.
Too bad he's unavailable—or so he says.

He thinks I'm a do-gooder who shouldn't get involved with a guy like him. His past is messy and relationships just add to that. He insists the timing is all wrong and he's devoted to his career, but I don't buy that excuse for a second. I see the way his body tenses and his jaw ticks every time another guy is around me. He just won't admit it, but I'm more determined than ever to show him what he's missing.

I'm a devoted animal rescuer and I'll risk everything to save them, but when a dramatic turn of events puts both our lives at risk, I'm positive Logan will write me off for good. But when he asks for my help with a personal crisis, I know it's my last chance to finally show him I can handle anything he throws my way—messy past and all.

He might think he has me all figured out, but I'll prove him wrong no matter what he thinks. This game of push and pull has me running in circles. One wrong move and we could both lose.

Checkmate, Knight.

review : I loved this book and the ending was crazy so this is about Logan and kayla who are friends of Draw and Courtney . kayla has been into Logan for awhile but hes told her he cant date anyone and the reason is cause he has a daughter and hes her number one. But Logan and kayla are great friends one day when kayla is on a date and Logan sees she isnt having a great time and goes to help her and they end up kissing .And this happens a few times in this book and every time he would pull away even when she was on a date. But he finally gives in and they start dating and everything is going great until a drug bust Logan is working on kayla ends up showing up for some reason and she falls and hits her head and when she wakes up she doesnt remember logan .
quotes:

and fuck, I hate when he flashes that smile. It’s a panty-melting smile

You’re like my real-life Knight in shining armor.”

Sorry to hear about your lady troubles. Hopefully chocolates and flowers cheer you up! -Logan P.S. I think you meant to text Courtney

I’d like to eat my glazed donut right off his cock and then some.

I can’t deny the fact that I’m a little flattered yet shocked at the moment. Mostly because she thinks a glazed donut would fit around my shaft. It wouldn’t by the way.

That you’re telling people a glazed donut could fit around my shaft. I mean, that’s not exactly a compliment, so I should get to prove myself otherwise.”

I’ll only judge you if it’s something ridiculous like being Team Feylin or something.” His cheeks nearly touch his ears by the loud laughter that roars from his throat. “Well for the record, I’d be Team Feysand.” I laugh, appreciating that he knew what I was talking about. “Don’t know whether I’m concerned or
impressed that you know the ACOTAR series.

“I love you, Kayla.” He presses a soft kiss against my lips. Leaning his forehead against mine, he releases a breath. “I love you so much.” Butterflies swarm my belly at his sincere tone. His words leave me breathless, but somehow, I find my voice. I look up into his eyes and smile. “I love you, too.”

You’re a big part of my world now, Kayla. Don’t you ever forget that